18th Annual Barrington Country Garden Fair & Marketplace Raising Funds for Hands of Hope(™)
- Date: -
Join us for “A Day in the Country.” The 18th Annual Barrington Country Garden Fair & Marketplace will take place in beautiful Barrington Hills, IL on June 15 and 16, where you will spend the day touring three outstanding gardens, participate in interactive workshops, and Shop for a Cause while finding treasures in our expanded marketplace.
The Hands of Hope(™) is a not for profit organization made up of women in the community who give their time, talent, and resources to support improving the lives of women and children in Africa. Since founding Hands of Hope(™) in the late 1990s, President and founder, Vicky Wauterlek and her all volunteer organization, have raised more than seven million dollars to build wells that provide clean water, schools to expand education and other self-sustaining projects that encourage health and economic development for communities in Zambia.
Spend A Day in the Country with Hands of Hope(™) on June 15 and 16:
Tour three amazing gardens
- The Wandering Path Sculpture Garden: unique works of art nestled among a shady garden along quiet walkways.
- An American Arboretum: a study in texture, form and function featuring many interesting stone pieces imported from Ireland.
- Avant Garden: an English masterpiece covering ten acres including formal terraced garden to carefree cottage borders.
Participate in interactive and informative workshops led by local garden experts including Barrington Area Conservation Trust and Smart Farms.
Shop for a Cause and find treasures in our new and expanded Marketplace:
- The Farmhouse: A curated collection of furnishings, home accessories and art.
- Hope Boutique: Designer and upscale resale clothing, jewelry, handbags and shoes.
- Housewares Bazaar: New items provided by the International Housewares Show, featuring coveted brands such as Le Creuset, Cook Pro, Hagerty, and more!
- Acorn Market: An eclectic mix of vintage and modern furniture, art, garden and home accents presented in inspired vignettes at the stable, tents, and garden rooms.
- Beehive Bargains: Fun finds and great buys in our new tent behind the barn.
Lunch and sweets will be available for purchase. Early Buy tickets are available for those who want to shop our Markets before the Fair opens on Friday only.
For more information about Hands of Hope (™), volunteer and sponsorship opportunities, and the 18th Annual Barrington Country Garden Fair & Marketplace please visit our website (handsofhopeonline.org) and follow us on facebook page
About Hands of Hope
Hands of Hope is a community of women committed to helping women and children break free of lives of destitution and hunger to build futures of security and possibility. Our mission is to give entire communities the sustainable tools they need to feed families, educate children, improve health and become economically self-sufficient. Hands of Hope partners with local leaders to develop a comprehensive plan to eradicate the devastating conditions associated with extreme poverty. A nearby source of clean water will free women and children from daylong treks for fresh water; a brick making machine allows fathers to provide building blocks for a new school; HOH educates farmers on best practices for sustainable crops including irrigation, planting harvest to market which provides food to feed village families as well as produce to take to market to sell. Hands of Hope(™) logo file available upon request.