April in Paris
- Date: -
Return to full list >>
April in Paris Highlights
- Friday, April 12, French-themed “Foodie Friday” dinner, Heinens
- April 13-20, Savvy Spirit in the Ice House Mall will feature a Jewelry Trunk Show by French Jewelry Designer and Artist Leslie Paris
- Tuesday, April 16, 2pm Cooks with Books: French Tea Time, Barrington Area Library http://balibrary.org/library-events Explore the traditions of a French-style tea time. Relax and indulge in a variety of teas, finger foods, and conversation about relishing a perfect cup of tea. Part of BCC’s “April in Paris” celebration. This event is currently full but folks can be added to the waiting list.
- Thursday, April 18, 2-6pm, Julien Balliet from Panier des Sens will host a Provencal Apothecary Event at Notice. Panier des Sense will be 20% off during the event.
- Monday, April 22, 2pm Hometowns to Hollywood: Leslie Caron and An American in Paris (1951), Barrington Area Library. Three friends struggle to find work in Paris – and fall in love with the same woman. Film historian Annette Bochenek looks at Leslie Caron’s life and early years in France. Then stay to watch An American in Paris (1951), starring Caron and Gene Kelly. Part of our Hometowns to Hollywood film series and BCC’s “April in Paris” celebration. http://balibrary.org/library-events
- Tuesday, April 23, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m., Barrington’s White House, Reception and discussion with French Consul General Guillame Lacroix https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reception-to-honor-guillaume-lacroix-consul-general-of-france-in-chicago-tickets-59341918275
- Saturday, April 27, 2-6 p.m., Barrington Wine Walk, featuring French wines at select merchants https://bva.ticketleap.com/barrington-spring-wine-walk/dates/Apr-27-2019_at_0200PM
Please stop in to see these merchants who are participating in the April in Paris festivities
- Amazing Gracie’s – is highlighting some French lines in children’s clothing
- Barrington Fine Rug Gallery- will be featuring the beauty of the French Aubusson Carpets and Tapestry in their collection
- Ambrosia – a multitude of French-inspired treats!
- Anderson’s Chocolates – will feature some fun chocolate creations
- Barrington Towne Nails – treat yourself to a French manicure this month!
- Bataille Academie of the Danse
- Calico Corners – will highlight their French and French-inspired fabics
- Canteen – will feature some French-themed items from the menu, including the famous Croque Madam
- Chessies – is highlighting some French-themed menu favorites
- Christie’s Bakery – will feature some amazing treats from this pastry chef!
- Egg Harbor Café – will feature some menu items with a French-flair
- English Daisy
- Heinens – will highlight food and wine features throughout the store in addition to Foodie Fridays!
- JewelOsco – will showcase their new store layout with French-features in their floral area as well as food and wine
- Northwest Staffing Solutions
- Notice – is featuring fabulous finds from France including French soaps, lotions and perfumes, in addition to their April 18 Provencal Apothecary Experience
- One Girl
- Paris Market Antiques – will treat customers to coffee and Madeleines during the month
- Pink Geranium
- Savvy Spirit – is featuring French-inspired fashion during the month
- Southern Belle’s— will feature some French-themed items from their menu
- Tru Bleu
- Wellness for Eternity – is featuring a line of French skin care products used in their treatments