Moving Forward with Several Village Projects
Over the past few months, the Village Board has hosted several opportunities for residents to come in and get updated on projects throughout the Village. These were wonderful opportunities for the Village Board to get to know residents and answer any questions. The following is a brief summary of some of the projects that were discussed:
- Streetscape Improvements at Cook & Station Streets:The corners at the intersection of Station and Cook Streets were updated with accessible ramps and high visibility crosswalks. The project was completed before the holiday season began for our retailers.
- Intersection and Bike Path Improvements at Dundee Road & Grove Avenue: IDOT is planning to construct the intersection improvements including a traffic light, dedicated turn lanes, and improved level of service in the summer and fall of 2017. Bike path improvements will also help to increase connectivity to the school and downtown.
- Flesk Brewery Opening at Ice House Mall: Flesk Brewery is scheduled to open at the Ice House Mall this spring. Flesk Brewery will feature a large tap room with a bar and seating for around 75 people. They will be selling homemade beers brewed and bottled in many styles, including pale ales, cider and wine options.
- Hart Road Improvements: The intersection and reconstruction project at Hart Road and Route 14 will include both additional inbound and outbound turn lanes bringing about reduced intersection wait times. There will also be additional sidewalks along Northwest Highway, Hart Road, and Main Street along the High School, to complete connectivity and offer safe pedestrian passage. Lake County Division of Transportation is planning to begin construction in spring of 2018.
- Housing Developments: There are several housing developments in the works including The Reserve at Barrington (gated community with 43 single family homes), 407 E. Main Street (12 luxury apartment units with underground parking), and 101 W. Liberty Street (64 luxury apartment units with underground parking).
- North Commuter Entrance Drive and Traffic Signal: A new entrance drive is scheduled to be constructed at the North Commuter Lot and will have access directly to Northwest Highway, reducing traffic on Main Street and enhancing safety with a traffic signal.
- Sanitary Sewer Replacement Project: This sewer replacement project will increase capacity and reduce inflow and infiltration into our system. In addition, a new Miller Park storm water facility will reduce the risk of flooding. More detailed information on this project can be found here.
- Lake Zurich Road Realignment and Route 14/ CN Grade Separation Projects: More information on both of these projects can be found here.
If you have questions or comments about any of these projects, or any other Village projects, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer your questions.