The success of the Village depends on our employees, their capabilities, skills, and engagement. The Village offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment.
The Village offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, and personal holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund or Fire/Police Pension programs
- Deferred Compensation
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
Employment applications are available by clicking here or at Village Hall. Applications may also be submitted directly to HRRM.
- Police Testing: The Barrington Police Department is seeking experienced police officers to join our team
Please download the Packet here. (DO NOT FILL OUT THE REGULAR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION ABOVE)
- Fire Testing: The Fire Department is now accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Please download the Packet here. Applications must be received no later than 2300 on March 15, 2019, at the Barrington Public Safety facility. (DO NOT FILL OUT THE REGULAR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION ABOVE)
The Village is an equal opportunity employer.