The Village of Barrington is a retail, commercial, and residential community located approximately 35 miles northwest of Chicago. The Barrington Police Department serves a population of approximately 10,000 residents, living in a 5.1 square-mile area.
The Barrington Police Department employs 24 sworn police officers who serve in various capacities which include: administrative staff, detective division, patrol division and school liaison officers. The department offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a starting salary range of $78,177 - $84,436 (DOQ), with a top salary of $105,747 (This range is effective until April 30, 2022).
- US Citizen
- Be a current, full-time, sworn, Illinois municipal police officer, Illinois state trooper, or Illinois county sheriff’s deputy who possesses a State of Illinois certification according to Illinois law with at least two years of continuous service with current department and be in good standing at time of hire.
- Must possess substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a current Barrington police officer with the same experience.
- Must be age 21 at date of
- Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application (except as otherwise provided by Illinois law)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- At least 60 hours of college credits with a “C” average or better
- Valid driver’s license (requires a valid Illinois driver’s license at date of hire)
- Must pass the police officer wellness (POWER) test administered by the Barrington Police
- Compliance with the Barrington Police Department’s Appearance policy. Specifically no visible tattoos allowed.
- A $35 application fee will be collected at time of
- Applications will be available beginning Monday, March 15, 2021 at https://iosolutions.com/police-officer-jobs
- Application deadline is 2:00 m. on Friday, May 7, 2021.
- POWER test - date to be determined.
Phases of the selection process include a physical fitness test (POWER) and an oral interview. Applicants must pass the POWER test administered by the Barrington Police Department to be eligible for the Fire & Police Commission interview. When positions are available, conditional offers of employment will be extended based on the successful completion of all of the following: polygraph examination, psychological screening, physical examination, and an extensive background investigation.
Questions may be addressed by calling Human Resources at (847) 304-3415.
The Village of Barrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D
Deadline for Applying : May 7, 2021 12:09 PM