Compensation & Benefits
Public Act 97-0609 became effective, January 1, 2012. This act amends the Illinois Open Meetings Act and the Illinois Pension code and established new requirements for Illinois public bodies.
Among the law’s requirements are the following:
- All IMRF employers must post, within 6 days of the approval of a budget, the total compensation package for each employee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000 per year; and
- Any IMRF employer that approves an employee’s total compensation package equal to or in excess of $150,000 per year must post on its website, at least 6 days before approval, the total compensation package for that employee.
“Total compensation package” for purposes of the Act means “payment by the employer to the employee for salary, health insurance, a housing allowance, a vehicle allowance, a clothing allowance, bonuses, loans, vacation days granted, sick days granted.”
The Village of Barrington has elected to provide employee compensation for all of its employees regardless of salary level.
copies of resolutions adopted by municipalities on or after January 1, 1995 to participate in the IMRF;
- an annual report detailing the date that municipalities participating in the IMRF first became a municipality; and
- all documents pertaining to each participating municipality’s annual projected future contributions and past required contributions. The lMRF is not required to post information on its website that would be exempt under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
- 2023 Compensation and Benefits
- 2023 Compensation and Benefits Over $150K
- 2022 Compensation and Benefits
- 2022 Compensation and Benefits Over $150K
- 2021 Compensation and Benefits
- 2020 Compensation and Benefits