Deceptive Practice - Cook County
Deceptive Practice - Lake County
Victims of bad checks may file a report with the Cook or Lake County State's Attorney, provided there is sufficient information, and that the case meets all eligibility guidelines.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state statute that allows the public to gain access to government records.
Dog Licenses are no longer required to be purchased with the Village. However, please provide us the details of your pet. Once added to our database, your pet information will be available to the police department in case your little loved ones are ever lost or stolen.
Premise Alert ProgramThe Premise Alert Program provides first responders with medical information before they arrive at an emergency scene. Through the Premise Alert Program, citizens can inform local police and fire departments about a family member who may require special assistance or treatment at home. That could be a lifesafer for families caring for loved ones with medical problems relating to Alzheimer's, Autism, Quadriplegia, etc. Information provided to the Barrington Police and Fire departments is stored in a database and kept confidential to be used only by police, fire and emergency medical personnel responding to specified locations. This data will alert first responders to handle each specific emergency.
Over Weight Truck Permits
The Barrington Police Department uses a third party, Oxcart Permit Sytems, to process overweight/oversize permits. Any company wanting to apply for an overweight/oversize permit in Village of Barrington should click here. Once registered, companies will then be able to reap the benefits of the following:
- Access a simple to use online interface for requesting local permits
- Paperless permits downloadable to your computer or any mobile device
- Eliminate tedious paper processes, faxing and phone calls
- Speed the process of permit approvals
- Features an online, interactive mapping solution to assist in route selection
- Online permit approvals pushed to your email inbox
- Provide an easy, online payment system (Credit Card Only – see below)
- Processing and Credit Card Fees
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Diner’s Club – 2.9% of total permitting fee (permit & processing fee combined)
- Plus a $.30 transaction fee for ALL permits
Please call (847) 304-3300 if you any questions.
Residential Search Consent
In an effort to protect parents and property owners from unexpected and unwanted violations of alcohol and drug offenses occurring on their personal property, the Barrington Police Department has developed a consent form allowing officers to search your personal residence or property, in your absence, in the event of suspicious circumstances.
Ride-Along Waiver of Liability Hold Harmless Agreement
The Ride-Along Program is designed to extend a courtesy to some citizens or other non-police Village of Barrington personnel, to allow time to observe the police operation at close hand.
Solicitor Request FormThe Village has specific rules regarding peddlers and solicitors in the Village. Please fill out the Solicitor Request Form and visit the Barrington Police Department. Be sure to bring a valid photo ID.
Vacation House Watch
If you are a resident of the Village of Barrington and receive services from the Barrington Police Department, you may ask for an additional house watch while on vacation. Please click here to establish a Vacation House Watch.
We recommend doing what you can to make it appear that someone is still at home. This should include:
- Make arrangements for regular exterior upkeep for seasonal things such as snow & ice removal or lawn maintenance.
- Make arrangements for family or a trusted neighbor to pick up mail, packages or newspapers delivered to the home.
- Ask a neighbor to park a car in your driveway while you are gone.
- Put interior and exterior lights on timers.