Deceptive Practice - Cook County
Deceptive Practice - Lake County
Victims of bad checks may file a report with the Cook or Lake County State's Attorney, provided there is sufficient information, and that the case meets all eligibility guidelines.
FOIA Request Form
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state statute that allows the public to gain access to government records.
Premise Alert Program
The Premise Alert Program provides first responders with medical information before they arrive at an emergency scene. Through the Premise Alert Program, citizens can inform local police and fire departments about a family member who may require special assistance or treatment at home. That could be a lifesafer for families caring for loved ones with medical problems relating to Alzheimer's, Autism, Quadriplegia, etc. Information provided to the Barrington Police and Fire departments is stored in a database and kept confidential to be used only by police, fire and emergency medical personnel responding to specified locations. This data will alert first responders to handle each specific emergency.
Over Weight Truck Permits
The Barrington Police Department has changed the way we process our overweight/oversize permits. We are using an online-based permitting system via the website, www.oxcartpermits.com.
Any company wanting to apply for an overweight/oversize permit in Village of Barrington will have to use the Oxcart permitting software. Registration is easy and can be completed on the Oxcart website under the Trucking login/sign up link (http://oxcartpermits.com/user/trucking). Once registered, companies will then be able to reap the benefits of the following via Oxcart:
- Access a simple to use online interface for requesting local permits
- Paperless permits downloadable to your computer or any mobile device
- Eliminate tedious paper processes, faxing and phone calls
- Speed the process of permit approvals
- Features an online, interactive mapping solution to assist in route selection
- Online permit approvals pushed to your email inbox
- Provide an easy, online payment system (Credit Card Only – see below)
In addition to the permit fees, Oxcart will require a nominal processing fee for each permit. Oxcart will also assess a credit card fee for each permit processed. Those charges are as follows:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Diner’s Club – 2.9% of total permitting fee (permit & processing fee combined)
- Plus a $.30 transaction fee for ALL permits
Please call (847) 304-3300 if you any questions.
Residential Search Consent
In an effort to protect parents and property owners from unexpected and unwanted violations of alcohol and drug offenses occurring on their personal property, the Barrington Police Department has developed a consent form allowing officers to search your personal residence or property, in your absence, in the event of suspicious circumstances.
Solicitor Request Form
The Village has specific rules regarding peddlers and solicitors in the Village. Please fill out the Solicitor Request Form and visit the Barrington Police Department. Be sure to bring a valid photo ID.
Vacation House Watch
If you are a resident of the Village of Barrington and receive services from the Barrington Police Department, you may ask for an additional house watch while on vacation. Please click here to establish a Vacation House Watch.
We recommend doing what you can to make it appear that someone is still at home. This should include:
- Make arrangements for regular exterior upkeep for seasonal things such as snow & ice removal or lawn maintenance.
- Make arrangements for family or a trusted neighbor to pick up mail, packages or newspapers delivered to the home.
- Ask a neighbor to park a car in your driveway while you are gone.
- Put interior and exterior lights on timers.