Enjoy Barrington

Extra Patrol Requests
You may contact the Police Department to request extra patrols of your residence or business due to suspicious activity or other concerns. 

Selective Traffic Enforcement
If you have specific complaints about traffic violations in your neighborhood, contact us for special enforcement action. 

Vacation House Watch

While you’re away on vacation, members of the Police Department will stop by and check your house. Notification to key holders can be made if any problems are discovered.  Click here for an application.

Residential Search Consent

This gives police personnel the authorization to enter your home while you’re away if suspicious or unusual circumstances are discovered.  Click here for the consent form.

Child Car Seat Inspection
Four officers are trained & certified under the direction of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration to inspect child car seats for village residents. Contact the main phone number at 847-304-3300 to schedule an appointment. They can also inform you of any special concerns or safety recalls.

This service is available for residents and employers/employees within the village, and can also be done for children as a crime prevention measure. Please contact the department for further information and scheduling.

Public Safety Building Tours and Event appearances
A closer look at the operations within the department such as the jail or firearms range is available to community groups such as civic organizations or scouts by appointment only. Police officers may also stop by block parties or neighborhood events with advanced notice. 

Parking requests
Please contact the Police Department to assist in processing overnight parking requests or commuter parking questions. No parking is allowed on any village street between the hours of 1 AM - 6 AM. No parking is permitted in any municipal parking lot between 2 AM and 5 AM, however vehicles displaying a valid special parking permit for reverse commuters or temporary overnight parking are permitted to park during this time period, subject to such other special regulations as may be prescribed for those special parking permits. 

Vehicle Lockouts
Members of the department are available to assist when you lock your keys inside your vehicle.

Animal Control

Our Public Service Officers and Police Officers will assist with lost or found pets, and can refer residents to organizations which assist with special trapping requests of nuisance animals or report problems involving wild animals such as deer or coyotes. It is not legal for residents to set any type of trap for wild animals.  For more information regarding your and your pet's safety when coyotes are in the area, please click here.  For more information regarding found animals such as birds or rodents, visit Flint Creek Wildlife Rehabilitation


https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001Kj9BuGN1cf5eWV_QXRZtIwBTqdiy_KPTVeQj8W9Aqx1peWQgth61lFE-vs6cot64oY0gCcllU_ctEO1zld6dsbQZ5-ygdTcduqSUmpXYmrug2HOFkIa6yx5zr4RrciE3NTeCH-j8_C-gA-GmGoSPAyOHegKcjCVMExTCTNLs7squC-hhDG5rtDZxEpfcU-6XWpaN02F6WIKxr7bpyzQ-pSJpK5rdq4kIiVENy4XzV5uYvLaayRpxYQ_gtJNbmfmdUWLDig8qVqNnsKvaTqFPKJkZZ52FX8GKEFZrtZNLRltros4MJ8buYQ7Qnui_ldeB news updates emergency alerts