Utility Maintenance Division
The primary function of the Public Works Utility Maintenance Division is to maintain and improve the Village’s water distribution and sanitary collection systems including fire hydrants. This is accomplished on a daily, preventative, and emergency basis and via long term public/capital improvement processes. This Division is also responsible for the installation, maintenance, and the repair of residential and commercial water meters.
Major Services Activities
- Fire Hydrant Inspection/Maintenance
- Water Valve Exercising/Maintenance
- Annual Water System Flushing
- Water Meter Inspection/Testing
- Water Valve Replacements
- Water Service Maintenance/Repairs
- Sanitary Collection System and Manhole Structure Maintenance/Repairs
- Underground Location of Water/Sewer Infrastructure
- Construction Coordination
- Customer Service
- Oversee Water System Leak Detection Survey and Sanitary Collection Inflow/Infiltration Study
The Utility Maintenance Division performs extensive proposed construction utility plan reviews, field and final punch list and bond release inspections.
Call J.U.L.I.E. before digging! 8-1-1 or 1-800-892-0123
It’s Smart. It’s Free. It’s the Law.
4 steps to safe digging:
Call before you dig.
Wait 2 working days.
Respect the marks.
Dig with care.