WAYS TO ENJOY BARRINGTON EVERY SEASON OF THE YEAR!
UPCOMING SUMMER EVENTS
UPCOMING FALL EVENTS
- Gala Season Opener, The Lincoln Trio
- 3rd Thursday Art Night Out: Cindy Marazzo
- Flesk Fest Oktoberfest
- Homecoming Parade
- 'Tally Ho, Back!' A Presentation by Hunt Historian, Norman Fine
- Barabara Rinella Presents the Bush Family
- 'Paint the Town Barrington' Plein Air Outdoor Artists’ Event
- Scarecrow Fest
- Barrington Fall Wine Walk
- 3rd Thursday Art Night Out: Barb Rydz Ross
- Farmers Market
- TesserAct Theatre Ensemble Halloween Show for Children
- Elgin Symphony Chamber Players
- Barrington Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting
- Cross-Country Skiing & Ice Skating at Citizens Park
- Barrington Town-Warming
- Oscar Shorts Film Festival
- Forest Preserve Winter Hikes & Cross-Country Skiing
- Breakfast with Bunny at the Ice House Mall
- Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce Family Expo
- Barrington Wine Walk
- Kite Fly & Kids Fest
- Mother’s Day 5K
- Arlington 500 Bike Race
- Barrington Independent Film Festival
- Memorial Day Art Festival & Parade
- Cruise Night
- Great Strides 5K for Cystic Fibrosis
- Farmers Market
- Flesk Fest Outdoor Beer Garden
- Family Campout in the Park
- Cardboard Boat Regatta
- Fourth of July Parade
- Fourth of July Brat Tent
- Uncork Barrington
- Barrington Brewfest
- Barrington Sale Days
- 14th Annual Children's Dog Show
- Big Trucks at Beese Park
- JourneyCare Duck Race & Pool Party
- National Night Out Against Crime
- JourneyCare Duck Race and Pool Party
Family-friendly and adult-oriented special events occur throughout year, providing everyone a chance to gather in town with your neighbors and friends and enjoy the community spirit that is uniquely Barrington. For your printable 2018 Barrington Events Guide, click here.
The year kicks off in February with Barrington’s Town-Warming, a gathering of nationally and locally renowned speakers who discuss important topics of the day. March features the Oscar Shorts, a wildly popular film festival of Oscar-nominated short films at the Catlow Theater.
Spring brings Breakfast with Bunny at the Ice House Mall, the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce Family Expo, Barrington Wine Walk, Kite Fly and Kids Fest, Barrington Independent Film Festival, numerous 5k/10k walks and runs, and the annual Memorial Day Art Festival and parade.
But summer is by far the best time in Barrington. Thursdays are Barrington’s day out, with the Farmer’s Market, Cruise Night, a beer garden at Flesk Brewery, and Community Band Concerts at Memorial Park, along with restaurant and shop specials.
The week-long July 4th festivities are a can’t-miss. The Good Shepherd Family Fitness Run kicks off the morning, and then over 10,000 people gather in town for the annual Fourth of July parade, Brat Tent and fireworks. Activities at the Brat Tent continue all week and culminate in the annual Uncork Barrington wine festival and Barrington BrewFest.
Late summer and fall bring National Night Out Against Crime, Barrington Sale Days, JourneyCare Duck Race & Pool Party, the Fall Barrington Wine Walk, and Scarecrow Fest.
The highlight of the year is the Barrington Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting on the first Saturday in December, with Santa’s arrival downtown, the holiday trolley, family fun activities, and much more!