Meeting Room Policy
The Village of Barrington’s Board Room and Community Conference Room will be made available, on a limited basis, to nonrecurring community based not-for-profit organizations within the Village of Barrington.
Barrington government related meetings or Barrington government sponsored meetings will receive first consideration for scheduling/use.
The Board Room and Community Conference Room are generally available weekdays in the evenings from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM or on weekends from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Other times may be available by special arrangement with the Village Manager’s Office.
The Board Room and the Community Conference Room are located on the second floor of the Village Hall and are accessible by elevator.
Reservations must be made by an adult member of the not-for-profit group. The person making the application shall be the contact person, unless specified otherwise, and is the only person authorized to make changes in room arrangements.
Reservations can be made by calling the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 304-3444 or by submitting a request via the link below. These requests will be considered in the order received. Requests will be confirmed via email.
- No organization or group may use the name, address, or telephone number of the Village of Barrington as its address or headquarters.
- Groups must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and are responsible for providing qualified interpreters or auxiliary aids to meeting attendees upon request.
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the building or on the property.
- Groups using the Village Hall may not collect admission fees for their programs or meeting on Village property.
- All groups using a meeting room are responsible for leaving it in good order. Equipment and food may not be stored in the Village Hall. Meeting room privileges will be canceled for any group leaving a meeting room in disorder. In case of loss and/or damage to Village equipment and/or building, such groups are responsible for the cost of replacement and/or repair.
- Any organization which does not utilize the meeting room as scheduled, or which fails to cancel its reservation at least 24 hours prior to its scheduled meeting is subject to loss of future meeting room privileges.
- The meeting rooms are available “as-is”. No special set up or room arrangements can be made.
- If use of technology or audio/visual equipment is required, it is the responsibility of the user to make arrangements ahead of time to learn the equipment and ensure that all equipment is returned to its original working order.