Have a question about an upcoming election? Need to know more about the candidates? Want to know how to register to vote? Looking for your polling place? We can help you be a good citizen by providing information that will assist you in exercising your right to vote.
To watch Candidate Forums hosted by the League of Women Voters, visit their Youtube Channel!
Voting registration is open all year, except during the 27 days preceding an election and the day after an election. Registering to vote has never been easier. In order to register:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General or Consolidated Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Once you are ready to register, click here to begin: ova.elections.il.gov
If you think you may already be registered to vote, you can check by using the State Board of Election’s Voter Registration Lookup.
Municipal elections are held every other odd numbered year and Barrington’s elected officials serve staggered terms. Once the dates are set each election year, they will be posted here.